Joining The DH Lawrence Society
About The Membership
Whether you are local to Eastwood, live elsewhere in the UK, or live overseas, you can benefit from membership of the Society. As a member you will:
- Receive the Society’s Newsletter twice a year. This includes news of publications and events, report on Society meetings, reviews of performances of Lawrence’s plays and new adaptations of his works, plus articles on other Lawrence-related matters.
- Receive the Society’s annual journal, the “Journal of D. H. Lawrence Studies”. This fully-refereed publication includes biographical and critical articles on all aspects of Lawrence’s work, as well as book reviews and reports on significant developmements in Lawrence scholarship. It also prints newly-discovered letters to and from Lawrence unavailable to the editors of the eight volumes of the Cambridge University Press “Letters”.
- Be invited to attend the Society’s monthly meetings, held in Eastwood between September and and July. These involve a lecture on a literary, biographical or historical aspect of Lawrence’s work with discussion afterwards. This summer we also had outings to Newstead Abbey to see Diana Thomson's Lawrence sculpture and to the Manuscripts and Special Collections Department at Nottingham University which holds a huge collection of Lawrence's work.
How To Join
To join, please send us an email or letter with the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Ms Sheila Bamford, 35 West Avenue, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3JA
Annual Membership Fees
Our annual membership fees are as listed below:
- UK membership: £20
- Concessions: £18
- International membership: £22
You can set up a standing order or pay by bank transfer to:
- Name: The DH Lawrence Society
- Account number: 13083060
- Sort code: 772205
- IBAN: GB42LOYD77220513083060
- SWIFT: LOYDGB21A48
Or by cheque or postal order addressed to “The DH Lawrence Society”.
Brenda Sumner (Secretary)
Tel. 01530 270367
Alan Wilson (Chair)
Sheila Bamford (Treasurer)
Tel. 01773 436776