The D. H. Lawrence Society Programme 2019-2020
All meetings will be held in the lounge at St. Mary’s Church, Church Street, Eastwood, Nottingham, NG16 3BS at 7.15pm.
If you are unable to attend, audio recordings of some lectures can be found on the Resources page.
See our calendar below:
Wednesday 11th March 2020
Dr. Hilary Hillier
- “Lawrence’s use of dialect: a few readings and reflections”
Wednesday 8th April 2020
Carolyn Melbourne - Museum and Collections Officer
- “The Magic of Objects; behind the scenes of the D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum”
Wednesday 13th May 2020
Prof. Keith Alldritt FRSL
- “Lawrence in Mecklenburgh Square”
Wednesday 10th June 2020
- "D. H. Lawrence and Hardy"
Wednesday 8th July 2020
- AGM with readings and discussion
Wednesday 12th February 2020
- “Aaron Sisson's Longest Journey”
Wednesday 8th January 2020
Prof. Terry Gifford
- “Trees and Gardens in Aaron's Rod”
Saturday 7th December
Advent and Christmas with D. H. Lawrence
- A Concert of readings, poems and music connected with Lawrence. To be held in St Mary’s Church, Eastwood at 3pm, followed by a reception in the Church Lounge.
Wednesday 13th November
- “Lawrence and Realism: Recollections of Maurice Magnus and Representations of Mr May”
Wednesday 9th October
- ‘“Back to Sardinia”
Saturday 7th September
The D. H. Lawrence Birthday Lecture
- “Frieda Lawrence: The Real Lady Chatterley”, interview by Annalise Grice
- (To be held at Eastwood Hall Conference Centre, Mansfield Road, Eastwood, NG16 3SS at 7pm)